Today we will explain how you can create a folder in your Koofr account and sync it to two different computers. Let's say you have a laptop at home and a computer at work and you want to have one folder in Koofr with the files synchronized to and from both of the computers, like in the picture below. How to set this up? Let's go step by step.
(1) Sign in to your Koofr account or create a new Koofr account.
(2) Create a new folder in your Koofr account. We named ours My multiple way sync.
(3) Download and install the Koofr desktop app to both of your chosen computers. You can find the Koofr desktop app here or if you click on Link this computer in the Main menu in the Koofr web app.
(4) When your Koofr desktop app is installed, open it and sign in to your Koofr account.
(5) Click on Syncs in the menu of the Koofr desktop app on the left. You will see the automatically created default sync there. Leave it as it is and click on Create new.
(6) Go through the process of creating a new, custom sync. First, you have to select the folder you want synchronizing to Koofr. We created a new folder named Multiple-way-sync-folder-computer-1 and selected it. When you are done selecting a folder click Next.
(7) Now you need to select the folder in Koofr to which you want to synchronize. This is the folder we previously created (See point 2). In our case, this is My multiple way sync folder. Click on Next and click on Finish in the next window. The first custom sync is created.
(8) Now you need to repeat this same process on your other computer. Go through the process of creating a new, custom sync again. Select the folder you want to synchronize to Koofr. We created and selected a folder named My-multi-sync-2. When you are done selecting a folder click Next.
(9) Now you need to select the folder in Koofr to which you want to synchronize. This is again the folder we created in point (2)– My multiple way sync folder. Click on Next and click on Finish in the next window. The second custom sync is created.
(10) Now you are syncing from two computers to the same folder on Koofr - in our case to My multiple way sync folder.
Note: If you want to add more computers, you can easily repeat the described process, always choosing the same My multiple way sync folder inside your Koofr account to keep syncing to the same folder from all of the computers.
Want to talk to us? Join us on the Koofr subreddit!