The FE File Explorer is a file manager application for macOS, iOS, Android and tvOS devices. It can access files on your computer, NAS devices and your cloud storage accounts. With it, you can view and manage your documents, files and photos without downloading them.
You can connect the app to Koofr via WebDAV protocol and enjoy its features while being able to access your Koofr files. FE File Explorer allows nearby file transfer, which can transfer files between devices without using Wi-Fi or LTE connection. You just need to put two devices side by side and you are ready to transfer files.
It lets you archive and unarchive ZIP, RAR, and 7zip files as well as unarchive password-protected .zip files on your Android devices.
How can you establish a connection between FE File Explorer and Koofr?
Let's go step by step.
(1) Download the FE File Explorer app to your Android device and open it.
(2) Click on the plus in bottom right corner to add a new connection. Various options will open, select WebDAV.
(3) A screen will open where you'll need to input the correct WebDAV settings to connect your Koofr account to FE File Explorer.
(4) Select a wanted display name for your connection. We named our connection Koofr cloud storage. Type in the correct host details https://app.koofr.net/dav/Koofr and insert the email you use to log in to your Koofr account under Username.
(5) Move to your Koofr account for a moment to generate an application-specific password to connect to FE File Explorer. You can do that by clicking on your profile picture icon the top-right corner of the Koofr web app. When the Account menu opens, click on Preferences and select Password from the menu on the left. Scroll down to App passwords, type in a new password name into the Generate new password text box and click on Generate. We named our password FE_Fileapp.
You can see the whole process of generating a new password in our video tutorial.
(6) Input the newly generated password under Password in the FE File Explorer settings and press Save.
You'll see a WebDAV connection to Koofr appear in your FE File Explorer menu.
(7) Click on the connection and you'll be able to see your Koofr files.
Want to talk to us? Join us on the Koofr subreddit!