How to set up the WebDAV protocol on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10?
If you want to access your files in Koofr with the file manager on your computer which has a built-in WebDAV connection, follow the steps below:
- Open your Account Settings in Koofr WebApp and select Preferences
- Click on Password in the menu on the left
- Scroll to the Generate new password textbox, type in the password name and click Generate
- Be sure to remember the password, as you cannot view it later
When you've generated the WebDAV password:
- Click on the Start icon/Windows icon
- Go into This PC
- In the toolbar choose the option Computer
- Click on Map Network drive
- Type https://app.koofr.net/dav/Koofr into the text box Folder
- If you want to use WebDAV every time you access your folders, check the Reconnect at sign-in check box if it’s not already checked by default
- Check the Connect using different credentials check box
- When Windows Security window appears, type in your Koofr username and WebDAV password that you generated previously and click on the OK button.
Now you have established a WebDAV protocol for the Koofr app on your Windows computer. In the folder structure on your computer, you will now see a new Network Drive. If you click on it, you can see the same folder structure as in the Koofr web application.
Note: If you forget the WebDAV password that you generated through Koofr WebApp, you can always generate a new one, but you'll need to replace it everywhere that you've used it.