How to set up the WebDAV protocol on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10?
If you want to access your files in Koofr with the file manager on your computer which has a built-in WebDAV connection, follow the steps below:
- Open your Account Settings in Koofr WebApp and select Preferences
- Click on Password in the menu on the left
- Scroll to the Generate new password textbox, type in the password name and click Generate
Be sure to remember the password, as you cannot view it laterWhen you've generated the WebDAV password:
- Click on the Start icon/Windows icon
- Go into This PC
- In the toolbar choose the option Computer
- Click on Map Network drive
- Type https://app.koofr.net/dav/Koofr into the text box Folder
- If you want to use WebDAV every time you access your folders, check the Reconnect at sign-in check box if it’s not already checked by default
- Check the Connect using different credentials check box
- When Windows Security window appears, type in your Koofr username and WebDAV password that you generated previously and click on the OK button.
Now you have established a WebDAV protocol for the Koofr app on your Windows computer. In the folder structure on your computer, you will now see a new Network Drive. If you click on it, you can see the same folder structure as in the Koofr web application.
Note: If you forget the WebDAV password that you generated through Koofr WebApp, you can always generate a new one, but you'll need to replace it everywhere that you've used it.